ARCUS Research 2022 | Japan
ARCUS Project will launch a short-term residency program, ARCUS Research, starting in June 2022. ARCUS Research is a self-funded program that offers an uninterrupted time and contemplative environment for creative experimentation, in-depth fieldwork, and research for practitioners and professionals in art and other cultural fields, including artists, curators, researchers, university educators, doctoral candidates, or writers. The program provides participants from around the world with valuable time and space to reflect, unwind, and nurture the creative process.
ARCUS Studio is based in the city of Moriya, Japan.
One-month residency: 1 or 2 participants for each period
– Friday, June 10‒Saturday, July 9, 2022
– Tuesday, July 12‒Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Two-month residency: 1 or 2 participants
– Friday, June 10‒Wednesday, August 10, 2022
– One-month residency: JPY250,000
– Two-month residency: JPY500,000 (tax included)
The fee includes studio space, accommodation, and basic consultation and orientation at the beginning of the residency program. A bicycle is provided. Participants are welcome to join a museum/gallery tour in Tokyo specifically designed and guided by either a director or coordinator during their stay. As an option activity, participants are invited to the “Show & Tell” salon to present their work and share projects with the local community at the end of the residency.
The applicant must:
– be a practitioner or other professional in a cultural and art-related field, including an artist, curator, researcher, or writer.
– not be enrolled at an educational institution during the program period unless a PhD program.
– be in a state of good health and able to carry out daily activities on their own.
– have English-language ability proficient enough to communicate with staff.
Applications must be submitted by email no later than Friday, December 24, 2021, by 23:59:59 (JST). Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.