Nanjing International Writers Virtual Residency 2021
Open call: 21 September till 15 October
Selection: 18 till 22 October
Announcement: 22 October
Virtual residency: November
– Virtual tours of literary landmarks in Nanjing;
– A selection of literary activities;
– Interactions with local writers, poets, translators, literary organizations, students, or common Nanjingers according to a resident writer’s choices;
A selected writer is expected to
– Create a literary work in English, which is inspired by the virtual residency
– Be fluent in English, or Chinese;
– Have at least three years of experience in writing, or at least one published work (all genres inclusive) , or have received literary awards.
This programme is open exclusively to writers from UNESCO Creative Cities of Literature. Applicants are supposed to submit their applications together with the following ducuments.
– Extracts from his/her published works;
– A reference letter from any literary society or City of Literature office of his/her city.
Please send your applications to email@example.com prior to 15 October, with CC (copy) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any queries, feel free to contact the organisers via the above mentioned email.