Wonju UNESCO City of Literature 2021 Residency
Wonju City of Literature offers a chance for writers from cities of literature to come
to Wonju and stay in Toji Cultural Centre for their very first Residency program, as
an international level contribution to the cities of literature sub-network, designed
to promote the understanding and the friendship of cities of literature. In this
year’s call, one writer from cities of literature and/or who have a close connection
to cities of literature will benefit from CoL 2021 Wonju Residency.
You can learn more about Wonju by visiting this website and reading
the section of UNESCO City of Literature, Wonju.
– Closing Date of Application: June 6
– Initiating Date of Residency: officially on September 1
– 1st Phase and 2nd Phase of Application Assessment: June 7 thru June 17
– Announcement of Final Winner: June 18
– Place for Residency: Toji Cultural Centre
– Residency Duration: Up to eight weeks (excluding 2 weeks of self-
– Round-trip Air Ticket Provided
– Transportation for official purposes while in Korea provided
– Meals (all organic) are provided at the cafeteria of Toji Cultural Centre
(Exceptions: Only lunch on Saturdays are provided and no prepared meals
are available on public holidays.)
– Writing Room: One of Rooms for Writers at Toji Cultural Centre provided
How to Apply
1. Let them know about yourself, your literary works, achievements, awards etc.
2. Write about your literary world.
3. Tell about why you would like to come to Wonju and stay in Toji Cultural Centre.
4. Tell about how your literary world is or can be connected to Wonju.
Please note that you can write not more than one A4 sheet (10 to 12 font size) per each numbered subject above.
Portfolio is optional.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (Drake Yang) no later than June 6.
More specific information about the residency and all the requirements can be found in this file.
photo: logo of Wonju UNESCO city of literature