We are launching our first literary residency programme for writers and translators in Warsaw. We invite guests from Belarus, Ukraine and Russia to spend several creative weeks in the centre of Warsaw with the support of Staromiejski Dom Kultury (SDK). The will be two recruitment rounds to select at least five residents for stays of 2 to 6 weeks.
We wish to use the residencies as an opportunity to include foreign writers and translators in the literary scene of our city. We encourage people to choose to stay several weeks in Warsaw to immerse in the artistic life, history and cultural attractions of the capital city. Our residents will be provided with comfortable workspace and accommodation in the city centre, a weekly scholarship of PLN 840 including taxes, technical and logistic support, and an active involvement in our existing projects.
We are recruiting writers and translators from Belarus, Ukraine and Russia who meet the following criteria:
- At least one book, collection of poems or translation published in print;
- Communication skills in English or Polish;
- Currently working on a literary project.
Details of the timing and duration of residencies will be agreed separately with each resident.
Application deadline: 7 May 2021
Residency date: May – June 2021
Application deadline: do 30 June 2021
Residency date: July-December 2021
How to apply?
- Completed application form;
- CV, including a list of published literary works;
- Motivation letter including an outline of the work planned during the Residency (maximum 5,000 characters including spaces);
- Excerpt of a published literary work (maximum 10 A4 pages).
must be sent within the deadline to: email@example.com