KRAKÓW-VILNIUS RESIDENCY PROGRAMME
Kraków UNESCO City of Literature announces the call for applications for the Kraków-Vilnius residency!
The residency is dedicated to writers and translators from Vilnius UNESCO City of
What we offer:
A 4-week stay in the Potocki Palace, at the heart of Kraków’s old town in the following
period of the year: 15 th October – 15 th December.
Besides the stipend (500 EUR gross) we cover transportation costs to and from Krakow. The Krakow Festival Office will guarantee residents the opportunity to participate in the literary life of the city and help to develop opportunities for them to promote their works in Poland.
The deadline for application submission is the 15 th of September.
What we expect:
– Connection with the Vilnius UNESCO City of Literature.
– At least one published book (fiction or non-fiction), a poetry collection, screenplay, or
theatre script by the applicant.
– Work on a literary project during the residency.
– Upper-intermediate level of spoken English.
– Readiness to participate in the literary life of Krakow, including events, meetings promotional interviews and engagements, and festivals, where applicable.
– Residents will be asked to write a text (work of fiction or non-fiction) that will feature the City of Krakow (min. 6 000 to max. 11 000 characters with spaces) in some fashion and will be used in the future, published collection for promotional purposes.
Required documents listed below should be sent to: email@example.com
– Application form
– Extract from a published text (in Polish or English), no more than 2 pages in length.
– Optional: recommendation letter, letter of motivation
To submit an application, please fill out the application form along with the required
documents by September 15 th 2023.