LITERARY RESIDENCIES IN WARSAW FOR WRITERS, PLAYWRITERS AND TRANSLATORS FROM BELARUS AND UKRAINE | 2023
We are launching senond round of our literary residency programme for writers, playwriters and translators in Warsaw. We invite guests from Belarus and Ukraine to spend several creative weeks in the centre of Warsaw with the support of Staromiejski Dom Kultury (SDK). The will be two recruitment rounds to select at least five residents for stays of 2 to 6 weeks.
We wish to use the residencies as an opportunity to include foreign writers, playwritesrs and translators in the literary scene of our city. We encourage people to choose to stay several weeks in Warsaw to immerse in the artistic life, history and cultural attractions of the capital city. Our residents will be provided with comfortable workspace and accommodation in the city centre, a scholarship of PLN 120 per day including taxes, technical and logistic support, and an active involvement in our existing projects.
We are recruiting writers, playwriters and translators from Belarus and Ukraine who meet the following criteria:
– At least one book, collection of poems or translation published in print or at least one play staged in the theater;
– Communication skills in English or Polish;
– Currently working on a literary project.
Details of the timing and duration of residencies will be agreed separately with each resident.
Application deadline: 2nd December 2022
Residency date: January – June 2023
Results announcement: 16th December 2022
How to apply?
– Completed application form;
– CV, including a list of published literary works;
– Motivation letter including an outline of the work planned during the Residency (maximum 5,000 characters including spaces);
– Excerpt of a published/ staged work (maximum 10 A4 pages).
must be sent within the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– download APPLICATION FORM
– download PROGRAM REGULATIONS
– download RESIDENCY AGREEMENT
Staromiejski Dom Kultury in Warsaw
The project is implemented in the framework of a partnership between three Polish host cities: Cracow, Gdańsk and Warsaw and two literary associations: Literary Union Association and Literary Translators Association. The partnership offers residencies in the three host cities and a joint website that promotes the literary residency concept and includes a database of scholarships available in Poland and abroad.